His book “The Rule of Law” was published in 2010.
YouTube shows a video that was recorded at a lecture at the Royal Society of Arts (RSA) where he advocates the following eight principles that “The Rule of Law” should entail and represent:
1. The law needs to be clear, accessible and intelligible
2. We must be governed by law not discretion
3. Equality before the law
4. The exercise of public powers by statute should be exercised reasonably, fairly, honestly and for the purpose for which they are conferred
5. dispute resolution must be possible “properly”
6. human rights need to be respected
7. the state should provide a fair trial
8. the state should comply with its duties in international and national law.
That’s exactly what we’d like to see happening.
Maybe, together, we will get there!!!???…